Here are a few helpful tips that can help reduce stress and make portrait day a success.
What should my child wear? Dress up or Casual? Solids or patterns?
- Solid colors work best with our scenic or traditional backgrounds.
- If you choose a pattern, keep it simple, so it doesn’t become the focus of the photograph.
- Casual clothing choices work best with a lot of our scenic backgrounds.
- Color coordinate sibling outfits. Watch out for clashing patterns.
- Keep in mind the theme of the background… A suit and tie against our beach background would look a little silly!
Should I style my child’s hair?
- Keep it simple.
- Get haircuts about a week in advance.
- Bows & headbands tend to slip, so make sure to use those that won’t move around much.
- Hair producsts help, but don’t overdo it.
My child wears glasses. Will you take them off?
- We don’t take them off unless there is severe glare. Non glare glasses work the best.
- We will do some with and without by request.
How can I prepare my child to smile for their picture?
- Encourage your child to have fun on picture day.
- Although “cheese” is what we commonly ask our children to say, it usually produces a fake “cheesy” smile.
- Our photographers are skillful at capturing genuine smiles and expressions.
Keep it as pressure free as possible for them. Picture day should be a fun experience for them.